Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Holidaze

This time of year always brings on the stress, there's so much going on with the school semester ending - church activities - scheduling at work - and family that I feel overwhelmed. I feel guilty too because I have been neglecting quality time with the Lord :( I feel a difference when I haven't spent enough time reading His Word and talking to Him and I don't like it. Doesn't help that I have a 3 month old puppy that wants to play all the time!!!! I know, i know, that's not a viable excuse but she is very demanding...and adorable :)

I was reading 2 Cor 12 this morning and came across verses 9-11. "But he said to me, 'My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.' Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses so that Christ's power may rest on me. That is why, for Christ's sake, I delight in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties. For when I am weak, then I am strong." I absolutely love these verses and I cannot wait to meet Paul in heaven because he is someone that I truly admire. Paul is the epitomy of God's grace and once again proves to me that God can use and will use anyone to further His purpose. I'm reminded of the verse Proverbs 19:21 that says "Many are the plans in a man's heart But it is the Lord's purpose that prevails".

There are days when I am wrapped up in my pity-parties and I fail to see the bigger picture. I haven't gotten to the point yet where I'm necessarily delighting in difficulties and insults but I'm starting to see how Christ works through those situations and how He is able to bring about His glory and honor. I have a lot of weaknesses! but thankfully the Lord can still use me and work through me. When I am weak I count on His strength to push me through, when I am insulted I run to Him for comfort, when I am going through hardship I seek His peace and wisdom, and when I am persecuted I lean on His promises. The 'thorn in my flesh' has proven to me that His power is perfect in my weakness. Difficulties and hardships push me to my knees and that is where I come face to face with His strength and grace. Thank you, Lord, for never judging or looking down on me but instead using me despite my weakness and my ugliness. Thank you for using me to bring glory to Your name!

1 comment:

  1. I love this, Beth! How encouraging that He still calls us and allows us to be part of His plan, despite our screw-ups? Sometimes I wonder why He trusts us to spread His amazing message when I see myself and others mess it up so often. But it's so affirming that He believes in us, even knowing our darkest secrets and flaws!

    ReplyDelete